Sorry for the delay in getting this out this week.
Our e-mail software was unexpectedly changed last weekend, which affected our ability to access our e-mail site and find our previous contact lists.
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of April 17, 2017 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting on Wednesday April 26 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)
- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- We really need volunteers as there are significant vacancies, especially for the position of Treasurer!
- HELP! We need more volunteers for these offices!
- Please consider running for an office for next year (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year)
- If you are interested, please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2017 Booster Election nomination committee:
Dawn Tsarpalas - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Warda - email@example.com
Judy Andrade - firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Warren Band Disney Photos (Final Reminder)
- Many people took photographs during Warren Band’s 2017 Disney Trip. Due to the unusual large number of photos, some issues came up that required us to make special arrangements. If you’d like to share your photos with other members of the band, please share them with Matt Nevel to have them included on the Warren Band Boosters webpage, as indicated below.
- Sharing your 2017 Warren Bands Disney Photos to Warren Band Boosters Webpage
1. Create a Google Drive, Dropbox, or other document storage location.
2. Share with Matt Nevel at Matt.Nevel@gmail.com
(make sure Matt has privileges to download the files)
3. Matt will then upload to Warren Band Boosters Webpage
Please be selective when choosing photographs to share and feel free to edit them first, if needed. (for example: we do not need 10 copies of the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life.)
If you have fewer than 10 photos, you may send them directly via email to Matt.Nevel@gmail.com.
- We also setup a link on the main WTHS Band page (www.wthsbands.org) to go directly to the Trip Photo page. If someone goes directly to the original trip page (http://www.wthsbands.org/disneytrip2017.html), the only link on that page goes directly to the Trip Photo page.
3) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: July 31 until August 4, 2017
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
We will be sending out a separate e-mail with more information soon.
4) 6th Annual Live Arts Festival (Reminder)
Date/Time: Friday (April 28), 6 - 9 P
Location: WTHS Almond Campus
Click this link for details!
5) Illinois SuperState Concert Band Festival Invitation Performance - Symphonic I Band (Reminder)
Date: Saturday May 6, 2017
Location: University of Illinois - Champaign/Urbana.
Congratulations on this wonderful honor!
More details to follow as we get closer to this event.
As with all weekly updates, please reply to this message or contact your student's director if you have any questions.
Go Blue Devils!!
WTHS Band Boosters