- Please have your child eat dinner before they arrive at O'Plaine
- While in uniform and during varsity football games, students are not allowed to have any food or drink (except water), unless otherwise indicated by the directors
- During home football games, students are not allowed to leave unless dismissed/excused by the directors. Please contact your director by the afternoon of the game if you need to have your child leave early for a legitimate reason which will be determined by the band directors.
- Any questions or conflicts with games, please contact Mr. Jenkins or your student's band director as soon as possible.
Field Crew and parent volunteers
- Please try to arrive around 5:00pm-5:30pm
- Once you arrive, please check-in Judy Andrade (Uniforms) or Phil Megginson (Field Crew).
- If you are assisting on the field, you may pick up your Field Pass from Lucy Carpentier in the cafeteria. Field passes are numbered and each number has been assigned to a specific role/volunteer (e.g. 1st ladder person, 1st speaker person, etc.)
Sept 1 / Game Day Performance Timeline
Boosters: Bring columns / Set tarps, podium, ladders, PA system
5:00 Final uniform fitting O’Plaine Café
5:30 Call time for all members in cafe – Must wear white band t-shirt and blue mesh shorts
Change in café – leave personal items there (parents will keep secure during game)
6:00 Move to practice field behind stadium
6:15 Field rehearsal
7:15 Move to stadium - Sit in band stands
7:25 National Anthem singers, then band plays school fight song
First half: Play in the stands during time outs
Play at end of first quarter
Fight Song after every Warren score
5min mark Band preps for show
SHOW: March on field
Play and march drill for Movements 1 and 2
March off field
Second half: Competition band members return to café, unless staying for rest of game
Non-competition members return to band stands
Play at end of third quarter
Fight song after every Warren score
Fight song at the end of the game
End of game: non-comp members dismissed: APPROX 9:30-10pm. We stay until the end of the game and have no control over how long a football game lasts.