Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Sept. 7, 2015:
1) Warren Band Spiritwear Sale (Completed)
The WTHS Band Student/Parent Spiritwear sale was completed this past Monday (Sept 7)
All items are scheduled to be delivered before the Wheeling competition (Sept 19).
2) Regular Wed. Night Band Practice (Sept 9 - Tonight!)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
3) First Symphonic I Band Weekly Night Rehearsal (Sept 14 - Next Week Monday)
Date: Next Monday (Sept 14) Times: 7 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS Almond band room
4) Fill The Drum Charity Event / Marching Band Showcase / Senior Recognition Night (Sept 16 - Next Week Wednesday)
Date: Next week Wednesday (Sept 16)
Time: 6 to 9 PM (Parent Volunteers should show up earlier, just like for a home football game)
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus/football field
Donations (Check or Cash): This year, funds raised will be donated to a local charity that has yet to be finalized
Note - Please come out to support the bands, see them for the first time this year in their uniforms and make a donation to a worthy cause!
5) Next Home Football Game - Halftime Band Performance (Sept 18 - Next Week Friday) Date: Next week Friday (Sept 18) Times: 5:30 to 10 PM [5:30 PM student call time, 5 PM parent volunteer call time (other than uniform volunteers)]
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus (check in at the cafeteria)
6) First Marching Band Competition (Chicagoland Marching Band Festival) (All Day Sept 19 - Next Week Saturday)
Date: Next week Saturday (Sept 19)
Schedule: MARCHING BLUE DEVILS SCHEDULE
Location: Wheeling High School
7) Competition Bus Signups
ATTENTION CURRENT BAND STUDENTS (not in drumline or color guard), signup NOW through next Wednesday (Sept 16), for the buses to all the marching band competitions. A couple buses are near capacity already. Here is the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4faca62aa0ff2-band Parents who are chaperoning for one or all three bus trips do NOT need to sign up for a bus. Just reply to this email if you have a preferred bus (not the bus with my child, or on my child's bus).
8) Volunteers Still Needed
Who: Parent Volunteers
What: Pass out Craft Fair flyers at all the home football games, Fill The Drum and Homecoming Parade this year
Dates/Times: Football Games = 4 Fridays (Sept 18, Sept 25, Oct 2 and Oct 16) / 4:30 to 5:15 PM and 6:15 to 7:45 PM
Fill The Drum = Sept 16 (Wed) / Approximately 5 to 7 PM
Homecoming Parade = Oct 3 (Sat) / Approximately 9 to 10:30 AM
All interested volunteers should e-mail Virginia McCullough ASAP, our Craft Fair coordinator, at email@example.com
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters
Band Announcements concerning weekly updates or upcoming band events.