Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of April 18, 2016 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Final Jazz Band Concerts For This School Year (Reminder)
Date/Time: This Tuesday (Tomorrow - April 19), 6:30 P start
Location: Almond Black Box Theatre
HELP! - We still could use some parent volunteers for this event!
Please contact Tracy Young (email@example.com) if you can assist at the Jazz concert.
All Jazz students should also remember to bring their assigned snacks and drinks!
2) Music in the Parks 2016 - Volunteers still needed!! (Reminder for ALL)
Dates: May 7 and 14, 2016 (both Saturdays - Only 2 days this year)
Times: May 7: 7:30 A - 3 P, May 14: 7:30 A - 1 P
Location: O'Plaine campus
We are aware that Prom is also on May 7, but there are still plenty of opportunities for all to help earlier in the day!
We will host many school musical groups who perform prior to going to Great America. Music in the Parks is one of the largest fundraiser each year for our band program. Unlike most fundraisers, there is nothing to buy or sell, and we only need a few hours of your time. Choose one or more shifts and enjoy working with great people. along with meeting bands, orchestras and choirs from many different states.
Volunteers (both students and parents) - Please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4FACA62AA0FF2-music .
No prior experience is necessary!
Please consider helping out!
3) Senior Bios (Student Reminder)
All Seniors - Please log onto Canvas to complete your Bio for the final band concert program. There is a template there for you to fill out. Please complete your bio before this Friday, April 22, 2016. Any questions, please contact Mr. Gros.
4) Music Scholarships (Reminder - All Current Juniors, Sophomores & Freshmen)
What: Five (5) music scholarships from the band boosters worth up to $250 each
How: To be considered, please submit a 1 page essay describing what you intend to do with the scholarship money (see below for more details)
The band directors will select the winners and these will be announced at the upcoming Band Awards concerts on May 6th. Any questions, please contact your band director. Best of luck to those who apply!
*Money is to be used for a musical purpose that would directly benefit the student’s participation in the Warren band program.
*Acceptable examples from the past: private lessons, help fund a summer music camp (not our band camp), new mouthpiece or new instrument. Receipts must be provided before payment/reimbursement is awarded.
*Scholarship reimbursements will expire Jan. 1st, 2017.
*Previous winners are exempt.
Please turn into YOUR BAND DIRECTOR by this FRIDAY, April 22, 2016.
5) Band Booster Board Elections & Next Booster Meeting (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting this Thursday April 21 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- Please strongly consider running for an office as we need some new people to get involved!
- If you are interested (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year), please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2016 Booster Election nomination committee:
Lucy Carpentier – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Middleton – JeanMIDL10@aol.com
David Mahon – email@example.com
6) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: August 1 - 5, 2016
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
Registration is still open and we need as many students as possible in attendance!
Please sign up ASAP at https://d121.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/home!
Please note that this is also the same week as registration, but students will be allowed to come and go as needed for registration.
See the band camp packet for more information.
7) Miscellaneous Reminders
- Leftover marching band show T-Shirts (Arachnophobia)
- Marching band DVD's
If you are interested in purchasing any of the above, please contact the directors or the booster board members.
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters