Here are some updates and reminders for the week of April 4, 2016 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) 5th Annual Live Arts Festival (Completed)
Last Friday (April 1) this event was held at the WTHS Almond Campus.
This was the first time it was held on a Friday and it was a huge success.
A record number of people attended to support all our Arts students and see all the amazing things they are capable of!
Thanks to all the band volunteers who ran the concessions for this event and assisted in many other ways!
2) Winter Guard Championship Competition @ LaPorte (Completed)
Last weekend (Saturday/Sunday - April 2/3), our Varsity Winter Guard competed at LaPorte High School (LaPorte, IN) for the Annual Midwest Championships.
They had their best performance of the season and finished a close second, narrowly missing first!
In addition, for those who do not know, our Varsity Winter Guard is the only guard team in our class and circuit to have finished within the top 2 spots for the last 3 years in a row!
Congratulations on a job well done and continuing our legacy of excellence!
3) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting on Thursday April 21 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- Please consider running for an office as we need some new people to get involved!
- If you are interested (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year), please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2016 Booster Election nomination committee:
Lucy Carpentier – email@example.com
Jean Middleton – JeanMIDL10@aol.com
David Mahon – firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: August 1 - 5, 2016
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
Registration is still open and we need as many students as possible in attendance!
Please sign up ASAP at https://d121.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/home!
Please note that this is also the same week as registration, but students will be allowed to come and go as needed for registration.
See the band camp packet for more information.
5) Miscellaneous Reminders
- Leftover marching band show T-Shirts (Arachnophobia)
- Marching band DVD's
If you are interested in purchasing any of the above, please contact the directors or the booster board members.
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters