Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of March 20, 2017 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Spring Band Concerts (Completed)
Last Wednesday/Thursday (March 15/16), all our concert bands performed in the Spring Band concerts.
All bands did an awesome job and the directors were very happy with their performances!
Thank you Seniors for showing up early to help us take your end-of-the-year concert program photos.
2) Winter Guard Competition (Completed)
Last Sunday (Mar 19), all our Winter Guard teams competed at Lincoln-Way East High School (Frankfort, IL). The Varsity performed well and placed 7th in their new SA class due to stiff competition. The JV had their best performance of the year and placed 5th in their class.
Congratulations to all our Winter Guard students on a job well done!
3) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting on Wednesday April 26 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)
- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- We really need volunteers as there are significant vacancies!
- Please consider running for an office for next year (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year)
- If you are interested, please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2017 Booster Election nomination committee:
Dawn Tsarpalas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Warda – email@example.com
Judy Andrade – firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Warren Band Disney Photos (Announcement)- Many people took photographs during Warren Band’s 2017 Disney Trip. Due to the unusual large number of photos, some issues came up that required us to make special arrangements. If you’d like to share your photos with other members of the band, please share them with Matt Nevel to have them included on the Warren Band Boosters webpage, as indicated below.
- Sharing your 2017 Warren Bands Disney Photos to Warren Band Boosters Webpage
1. Create a Google Drive, Dropbox, or other document storage location.
2. Share with Matt Nevel at Matt.Nevel@gmail.com
(make sure Matt has privileges to download the files)
3. Matt will then upload to Warren Band Boosters Webpage
Please be selective when choosing photographs to share and feel free to edit them first, if needed. (for example: we do not need 10 copies of the Animal Kingdom's Tree of Life.)
If you have fewer than 10 photos, you may send them directly via email to Matt.Nevel@gmail.com.
- We also setup a link on the main WTHS Band page (www.wthsbands.org) to go directly to the Trip Photo page. If someone goes directly to the original trip page (http://www.wthsbands.org/disneytrip2017.html), the only link on that page goes directly to the Trip Photo page.
5) Winter Guard Championship Competition @ LaPorte (Announcement – Varsity Only)
Date/Time: Saturday/Sunday (April 1/2 – All day)
Location: LaPorte High School (LaPorte, IN)
Information: Contact Mr. Jenkins, or a guard member
Good Luck! – If you are able, please attend to support our wonderful Winter Guard Varsity Team and cheer them on in the these midwest championships!
6) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: July 31 until August 4, 2017
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
We will be sending out a separate e-mail with more information soon.
As with all weekly updates, please reply to this message or contact your student's director if you have any questions.
Next week is Spring Break and there will not be any weekly band update e-mail.
We hope every band student and family has a wonderful and safe time next week!
Weekly band updates will resume when we return.
Go Blue Devils!!
WTHS Band Boosters
Band Announcements concerning weekly updates or upcoming band events.