Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of March 14, 2016 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Spring Band Concerts (Important Reminders)
The Spring Band Concerts start at 7 PM this Tues/Wed (Mar 15/16) in the O'Plaine Auditorium, as follows:
- Tuesday, March 15 (tonight) - Almond Bands (Symphonic Band II, Concert Band I Almond, Symphonic Band I)
Seniors - We are taking your end-of-the-year concert program photos this Tuesday (tomorrow) starting at 6:30 P, at the latest, so please plan on arriving before 6:30 P and look for us near the choir room.
- Wednesday, March 16 - O'Plaine Bands (Concert Band II O'Plaine, Concert Band I O'Plaine)
2) Craft Fair Chairperson (Announcement)
Jane Haynes has volunteered to chair the next Craft Fair (Oct. 29, 2016).
3) Mundelein Jazz Fest Competition (Completed)
Last Saturday (Mar 12), our Jazz Ensemble competed at Mundelein High School (Mundelein, IL).
They placed 2nd out of 12 groups while soloists Noah Schuetter, Andy Jacobs and Cole Even were recognized as outstanding musicians. In addition, Connor Mannebach took one of the three best soloist awards for the entire invitational. Congratulations!
4) Winter Guard Competition (Completed)
Last Sunday (Mar 13), all our Winter Guard teams competed at Batavia High School (Batavia, IL)
The Varsity placed 1st in their class.
The JV had their best performance of the year and placed 4th in their class.
Congratulations to all our Winter Guard students on a job well done!
5) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting on ThursdayApril 21 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- If you are interested in running for an office for next year (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year), please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2016 Booster Election nomination committee:
Lucy Carpentier – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Middleton – JeanMIDL10@aol.com
David Mahon – email@example.com
6) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: August 1 - 5, 2016
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
Registration is now open and we need as many students as possible in attendance!
Sign up ASAP at https://d121.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/home!
Please note that this is also the same week as registration, but students will be allowed to come and go as needed for registration.
Review this band camp packet for more information.
7) Cheesecake Sale (Reminder)Delivery will be on Mar 17 (this Thursday) at the Almond campus (3 - 6 P) near the band room.
8) Miscellaneous Reminders
- Leftover marching band show T-Shirts (Arachnophobia)
- Marching band DVD's
If you are interested in purchasing any of the above, please contact the directors or the booster board members.
NOTES - There will not be a weekly e-mail next week during Warren's Spring Break! We hope every student and family has a happy and safe week off!
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters