Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Oct 10, 2016:
1) Wednesday Night Band Practice (Tonight - Wed Oct 12)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
2) Fall Band Spirit Wear Pickup (Tonight - Wed Oct 12)
The Fall Band Spirit Wear Sale items are expected to be available for pickup tonight at the O'Plaine campus during the marching band rehearsal.
3) Halftime Performance at WTHS Football Game – This Friday (Oct 14)
- Please have your child eat dinner before they arrive at O'Plaine
- Students need to show up to the O'Plaine cafeteria by 5:30 PM
- Students need to be on the band practice field ready to rehearse at 6 PM
- Please wear/bring your white Marching Band shirt, blue Marching Band shorts, mid-height black socks, black marching shoes, white gloves, and your instruments.
- While in uniform and during varsity football games, students are not allowed to have any food or drink (except water).
- During home football games, students are not allowed to leave unless dismissed/excused by the directors. Please contact your director by the afternoon of the game if you need to have your child leave early for a legitimate reason which will be determined by the band directors.
- Any questions or conflicts with games, please contact Mr. Jenkins or your student's band director as soon as possible.
Field Crew and parent volunteers
- Call time is 5:30 PM for field crew. Uniform parent volunteers should try to arrive around 5 PM to assist with setting up the cafeteria.
4) Third Marching Band Competition - Illinois Marching Band Championships (All Day Oct 15 -This Saturday)
Date: This Saturday (Oct 15) (last one of school year)
Schedule: Our marching band and competition schedules are attached here.
Location: University of Illinois (Champaign, IL)
Good luck to all and have your best performance of the year!
5) WTHS Band Booster Meeting (Next Week Wednesday – Oct 19)
Date: Wednesday Oct 19
Times: 7 to 8:30 PM
Location: WTHS Almond Band Room
Go Blue Devils!!