Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Sep 5, 2016:
1) First Trip Student Fundraiser (Aug. 22-Sep. 6, completed)
Name: Cherrydale Farms (formerly The Chip Shoppe)
End Date: Today, Sep. 6.
All forms and check(s) must be turned in to directors tomorrow, Sept. 7.
**checks payable to Warren High School (not Band or Boosters!!!)**
Delivery/Pick up: Wed. Sept. 28 at Almond, 3pm – 6pm
Website ordering: Will end tonight at this web address:
https://www.cherrydale.com/go_shopping.php. Make sure they enter your student's name and our band's information before they checkout on the website
2) Wed. Night Band Practice – Sep. 7 (this Wednesday)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
3) Orlando/Disney Trip Deposit Due - Sep. 8 (this Thursday)
The first payment for the Orlando/Disney Trip is due this Thursday, September 8. This initial payment to reserve your spot is a $200 non-refundable deposit.
Parents of students should make their check payable to Warren Township High School or WTHS (with your student's name in Memo area). Please put check in an envelop, and bring it to the fee office at either campus. At O'Plaine, this is in the main office with Karen Efsen. At Almond, this is at a window across from the Principal's office with Rina Satkiewicz. Students simply need to state their payment is for the Orlando Band trip. They should make sure to receive and keep their payment receipt just in case.
Chaperones: A request was sent this weekend for parents who are interested in chaperoning on the Orlando/Disney trip. Parents interested should review the request sent, and respond their interest by next Friday, Sep. 16.
For more information, please visit our trip page at http://www.wthsbands.org/disneytrip2017.html. Please contact Mr. Jenkins or your student's director if you have any other questions.
4) Band Booster Meeting – Sep. 8 (this Thursday)
Time: 7 to 8 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine band room
5) Spirit Wear Update - If you did not pick up your recent band spirit wear order, they will be available again for pickup at this Wednesday's rehearsal.
The few orders left will be available in the O'Plaine band room.
If you have any difficulties finding your order, please see Mr. Haynes.
6) Black Shoes - For those that ordered black marching band shoes, they will be available again for pickup at this Wednesday's rehearsal.
7) Festival of Bands/Fill the Drum/Senior Recognition Night
Date: Wednesday, Sep. 14
Student/Volunteer Call Time: 5:30 PM (just like a football Friday)
Event Time: 7-8:30 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine stadium
Donations (Check or Cash): This year, funds raised will be donated to a local charity that has yet to be finalized
Note - Please come out to support the bands, see them for the first time this year in their uniforms and make a donation to a worthy cause!
Go Blue Devils!!