Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Sept 21, 2015 (please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Warren Band Spiritwear Sale (Completed)
The WTHS Band Student/Parent Spiritwear sale was completed Monday, Sept 7.
All items were available for distribution last weekend and should have been picked up.
If you did not get your items, please let us know.
Note: We are aware of at least 1 order mixup, so if you did not receive the correct item(s), especially a mans/womans jacket, please reply to this email as soon as possible so we can get the correct items to the appropriate families.
2) Fill The Drum Charity Event / Senior Recognition Night / Festival of Marching Bands (Completed)
Thanks to everyone who came out and supported our bands on Wednesday Sept 16, along with this year's cause (Tiana Salas - A freshman at Warren who was diagnosed with brain tumors that require surgery.). We raised over $4200 to go toward their medical bills!
3) Wednesday Night Band Practice (Tomorrow - Sept 23)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
4) Chip Shoppe Fundraiser (Reminder)
- The Chip Shoppe fundraiser pick up is this Thursday, September 24th, from 3-6 PM at the Almond Band room.
- We could use a few more parents to assist with the distribution of the Chip Shoppe fundraiser items. Please reply to this email if you can help us.
5) Next Home Football Game - Halftime Band Performance (Sept 25 - This Week Friday) Date: This Friday (Sept 25) Times: 5:30 to 10 PM [5:30 PM student call time, 5 PM parent volunteer call time (other than uniform volunteers)]
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus (check in at the cafeteria)
6) Marching Band Competition (Red and Black Fall Classic) (All Day Sept 26 - This Saturday) Date: This Saturday (Sept 26) Schedule: Our marching band schedule is HERE, and the competition schedule is HERE.
Note: Please be aware that our performance time has been changed and is now 9:30 PM.
Location: Northern Illinois University in DeKalb
There will be a separate email later today regarding a couple of additional reminders for this competition.
7) Volunteers Still Needed
Who: Parent Volunteers
What: Pass out Craft Fair flyers at all the home football games and the Homecoming Parade
Dates/Times: Football Games = 3 Fridays Left (Sept 25, Oct 2 and Oct 16) / 4:30 to 5:15 PM and 6:15 to 7:45 PM
Homecoming Parade = Oct 3 (Sat) / Approximately 9 to 10:30 AM
All interested volunteers should e-mail Virginia McCullough ASAP, our Craft Fair coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Upcoming Schedule Reminders/Update
Band Rehearsals - After this Wednesday (September 23) evening rehearsal, we will have two weeks with Tuesday night rehearsals (September 29 and October 6). They will still be held from 6-9 PM. In addition, there are no Wednesday night rehearsals on September 30 and October 7.
Homecoming Parade - The Homecoming Parade is scheduled for the Saturday after the Homecoming football game, October 3, beginning at 9 AM. Please note that in the past, the parade was the Sunday before the game. This is a change from previous years.
9) Band Pictures
This year we are posting event images for parent/student access in the photo gallery on the band website (http://www.wthsbands.org/photos.html). The pictures are sorted by band section, and the senior pictures from Fill the Drum are in their own area. These pictures and others, along with the performance videos, will also be available on the Marching Band DVD available in December for $15.
Go Marching Blue Devils!
Greg Johnson, Vice President
Mark Haynes, President
WTHS Band Boosters