Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Sept 26, 2016:
** This is just an IMPORTANT REMINDER to inform everyone that we will be having band rehearsal this Wed. night (Sept 28), at the usual time and place. Treat this like any other Wed. night marching band rehearsal, except we will be on a lighted grass field until we have access to the football field. **
1) Second Marching Band Competition - Naperville Central Marching Classic (Completed) Last Saturday (Sept 24), our marching band performed in competition and once again had their best performance so far this year. Congratulations to our color guard, who placed 3rd, our percussion (drumline and pit), who also placed 3rd, and our entire marching band, who placed 8th overall (out of all 24 bands competing)! Less than 2 points separated the band from 5th place overall. This is another great improvement to our marching band competition season. Keep up the good work so we can improve even more and hopefully win some awards at the University of Illinois championships!
2) Wednesday Night Band Practice (THIS WEDNESDAY - SEPT 28!!)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
Note - We will be on a lighted grass field until we have access to the football field (after powder puff game).
3) Cherrydale Farms Pickup Reminder (This Wed - Sept 28)
Delivery/Pick up: Wed. Sept. 28 at Almond, 3pm – 6pm
- We could use a few more parents to assist with the distribution of the fundraiser items. Please reply to this email if you can help.
4) Halftime Performance at WTHS Homecoming Football Game – This Friday (Sept. 30)
- Please have your child eat dinner before they arrive at O'Plaine
- Students need to show up to the O'Plaine cafeteria by 5:30 PM
- Students need to be on the band practice field ready to rehearse at 6 PM
- Please wear/bring your white Marching Band shirt, blue Marching Band shorts, mid-height black socks, black marching shoes, white gloves, and your instruments.
- While in uniform and during varsity football games, students are not allowed to have any food or drink (except water).
- During home football games, students are not allowed to leave unless dismissed/excused by the directors. Please contact your director by the afternoon of the game if you need to termined by the band directors.
Field Crew and parent volunteers
- Call time is 5:30 PM for field crew. Uniform parent volunteers should try to arrive around 5 PM to assist with setting up the cafeteria.
5) Homecoming Parade (Oct 1 - This Week Saturday)
Date: This Saturday (Oct 1)
Times: 9 to 10:30 AM [7:30 AM student call time, 7:15 AM parent volunteer call time (especially uniform volunteers)]
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus (check in at the cafeteria)
At the appropriate time, we will take school buses from the OP campus to our parade line up area (Spot #21).The parade will end at the school (OP campus).
Parents - In order to support this activity, we need a few parent volunteers to walk with the band in the parade and deliver water, as needed. If you can help with this, please contact Mark Haynes ASAP at email@example.com.
6) Student Food Allergy Information
- We are working on the food for our last marching band competition at the University of Illinois and want to make sure we know about all student allergies. Parents, please post your student's allergy information to the following address, even if you think you gave it to us previously: http://www.wthsbands.org/emergcontactinfo.html
Go Blue Devils!!
WTHS Band Boosters