Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of April 24, 2017 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting this Wednesday April 26 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)
- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- HELP! We really need volunteers as there still are significant vacancies, especially for the position of Vice President!
- Please consider running for an office for next year (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year)
- If you are interested, please send an e-mail (name and position required) ASAP (today) to any member of the following 2017 Booster Election nomination committee:
Dawn Tsarpalas - email@example.com
Jim Warda - firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Andrade - email@example.com
Note - We also need everyone to come to this meeting to vote and discuss important items for next year!
2) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: July 31 until August 4, 2017
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
A separate e-mail with more information was sent out recently.
3) 6th Annual Live Arts Festival (Reminder)
Date/Time: This Friday (April 28), 6 - 9 P
Location: WTHS Almond Campus
See this link for more details!
As in past years, we are providing concessions for this event and need your help!
Please contact Tracy Young ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can assist.
All students should also remember to bring their assigned snacks and drinks!
4) Illinois SuperState Concert Band Festival Invitation Performance - Symphonic I Band (Reminder)
Date: Saturday May 6, 2017
Location: University of Illinois - Champaign/Urbana.
Congratulations on this wonderful honor!
More details to follow as we get closer to this event.
5) Craft Fair (Announcement)
This is our biggest fundraiser of each year!
We still have many volunteer opportunities to help with the event, including coordinator(s).
The more people that come forward, the less work there will be to do for each person and job.
A lack of volunteers would put this important event in jeopardy!
Please send an e-mail to the band booster website ASAP if you can help!
6) Jazz Band Concert (Announcement)
Date: This Thursday April 27
Time: 7 PM
Location: WTHS Almond Black Box Theatre
HELP! - We need parent volunteers for this event!
Please contact Tracy Young ASAP (email@example.com) if you can help at the concert.
All Jazz students should also remember to bring their assigned snacks and drinks!
As with all weekly updates, please reply to this message or contact your student's director if you have any questions.
Go Blue Devils!!
WTHS Band Boosters
Welcome 2017-2018 Marching Band parents,
It is time to register your Warren student for the 2017 Marching Blue Devil band camp! This year's dates are July 31-August 4. Please read the attached letter completely. There are two marching bands this season. The directors have talked to current band students about this change. If you have any questions, please send an email to Mr. Jenkins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This year's band registration packet is HERE. Please note band camp registration is through the WTHS Camp Registration site.
If you're not out of town that week we need the students at camp. It's the single best time when the students can receive focused instruction from a professional staff for more than the few hours each week. And it's important that all registrations are in by May 31st so that music can be assigned and drills (marching instructions and diagrams) can be created to include everybody. If for any reason you cannot be at band camp or cannot register by the deadline please send a note to Mr. Jenkins (email@example.com) and let him know what is going on.
Less than 98 days until the 2017 Marching Blue Devil band camp! Again, welcome (back) to the Warren Band Program.
WTHS Band Boosters
Band Announcements concerning weekly updates or upcoming band events.