Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Sept. 14, 2015 (please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Warren Band Spiritwear Sale (Completed)
The WTHS Band Student/Parent Spiritwear sale was completed Monday, Sept 7.
All items are scheduled to be delivered by the Wheeling competition (Sept 19).
2) First Symphonic I Band Weekly Night Rehearsal (Sept 14 - tonight) Date: Monday (Sept 14) Times: 7 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS Almond band room
3) Fill The Drum Charity Event / Senior Recognition Night / Festival of Marching Bands (Sept 16 - This Wednesday)
Date: Wednesday (Sept 16)
Time: 5:15 to 9 PM (Parent Volunteers should show up a little earlier, just like for a home football game)
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus/football field
Donations (Check or Cash): This year, funds raised will be donated to a local charity that has yet to be announced
Note - Please come out to support the bands, see them for the first time this year in their uniforms and make a donation to a worthy cause!
4) Next Home Football Game - Halftime Band Performance (Sept 18 - Next Week Friday) Date: Next week Friday (Sept 18) Times: 5:30 to 10 PM [5:30 PM student call time, 5 PM parent volunteer call time (other than uniform volunteers)]
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus (check in at the cafeteria)
5) First Marching Band Competition (Chicagoland Marching Band Festival) (All Day Sept 19 - Next Week Saturday)
Date: Next week Saturday (Sept 19)
Schedule: Our marching band schedule is HERE.
The competition schedule is HERE.
Location: Wheeling High School
6) Competition Bus Signups - ATTENTION those 27 band students who have not signed up for a competition bus (who are not in drumline or color guard), signup is NOW through Wednesday NOON (Sept 16). A couple buses are at capacity already. Here is the link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4faca62aa0ff2-band Parents who are chaperoning for one or all three bus trips do NOT need to sign up for a bus. Just reply to this email if you have a preferred bus (not the bus with my child, or on my child's bus).
7) Volunteers Still Needed
Who: Parent Volunteers
What: Pass out Craft Fair flyers at all the home football games, Fill The Drum and Homecoming Parade this year
Football Games = 4 Fridays (Sept 18, Sept 25, Oct 2 and Oct 16) / 4:30 to 5:15 PM and 6:15 to 7:45 PM
Fill The Drum = Sept 16 (Wed) / Approximately 5 to 7 PM
Homecoming Parade = Oct 3 (Sat) / Approximately 9 to 10:30 AM
All interested volunteers should e-mail Virginia McCullough ASAP, our Craft Fair coordinator, at email@example.com
8) Upcoming Schedule Reminders/Update
After next Wednesday (September 23) evening rehearsal, we will have two weeks with Tuesday night rehearsals (September 29 and October 6). They will still be held from 6-9 PM. There are no Wednesday night rehearsals on September 30 and October 7.
Go Marching Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters