Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Welcome back from Spring Break!
We hope that everyone had a happy and safe time off.
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of March 28, 2016 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) 5th Annual Live Arts Festival (Reminder)
Date/Time: This Friday (April 1, 6 to 9:45 PM)
Location: WTHS Almond Campus
Initial Information: Free admission + food/drinks + activities/workshops + performances
See the flyer for more details (includes performances by our Jazz Ensemble and Symphonic I Band)
Please note that the acapella headliner has been replaced by The Fickles (student band led by our own band students)
Please come out to support all our Arts students and see all the amazing things they are capable of!
Volunteers - Assistance is still needed to help with the food and drink (just like at a Jazz concert) – If you are interested, please contact Mr. Haynes by e-mail ASAP (email@example.com)
2) Winter Guard Championship Competition @ LaPorte (Announcement – Varsity Only)
Date/Time: This Saturday/Sunday (April 2/3 – All day)
Location: LaPorte High School (LaPorte, IN)
Information: Contact Mr. Jenkins, or a guard member
Good Luck! – If you are able, please attend to support our wonderful Winter Guard Varsity Team and cheer them on in the these midwest championships!
3) Band Booster Board Elections (Reminder)
- Elections for booster officers for next year will take place at the next booster meeting on Thursday April 21 (7 P at OPlaine Band Room)- The four positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer & Secretary
- Please consider this as we need some new people to get involved
- If you are interested in running for an office for next year (must be a booster member and have a student in band next year), please send an e-mail (name and position required) to any member of the following 2016 Booster Election nomination committee:
Lucy Carpentier – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jean Middleton – JeanMIDL10@aol.com
David Mahon – email@example.com
4) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: August 1 - 5, 2016
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
Registration is still open and we need as many students as possible in attendance!
Please sign up ASAP at https://d121.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/home!
Please note that this is also the same week as registration, but students will be allowed to come and go as needed for registration.
See the band camp packet for more information.
5) Miscellaneous Reminders
- Leftover marching band show T-Shirts (Arachnophobia)
- Marching band DVD's
If you are interested in purchasing any of the above, please contact the directors or the booster board members.
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters
Band Announcements concerning weekly updates or upcoming band events.