Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Oct 17, 2016:
1) Halftime Performance at WTHS Football Game – Last Friday (Completed)
Last Fri (Oct 14), our marching band performed during halftime at the home football game. The band performed a decent show and got to go home at halftime due to the Saturday band competition! Thanks to all the parent volunteers who help with all parts of the marching band season!
2) Third Marching Band Competition - Illinois Marching Band Championships (Completed)
Last Saturday (Oct 15), our marching band performed in our last competition of the season and had another good performance. Unfortunately we did not place in the top 3 within our class. Thanks to all the band students for their hard work throughout the season.
3) WTHS Band Booster Meeting (Tomorrow - Wednesday Oct 19)
Date: Wednesday Oct 19
Times: 7 to 8:30 PM
Location: WTHS Almond Band Room
4) Jazz Band Concert (This Thursday - Oct 20)
Date: Thursday Oct 20
Time: 7 PM
Location: WTHS Almond Black Box Theatre
HELP! - We need parent volunteers for this event!
Please contact Tracy Young (email@example.com) if you can assist at the Jazz concert.
All Jazz students should also remember to bring their assigned snacks and drinks!
5) Halftime Performance at Last WTHS Football Game – This Friday (Oct 21)
- Please have your child eat dinner before they arrive at O'Plaine
- Students need to show up to the O'Plaine cafeteria by 5:30 PM
- Students need to be on the band practice field ready to rehearse at 6 PM
- Please wear/bring your white Marching Band shirt, blue Marching Band shorts, mid-height black socks, black marching shoes, white gloves, and your instruments.
- While in uniform and during varsity football games, students are not allowed to have any food or drink (except water).
- During home football games, students are not allowed to leave unless dismissed/excused by the directors. Please contact your director by the afternoon of the game if you need to have your child leave early for a legitimate reason which will be determined by the band directors.
- Any questions or conflicts with games, please contact Mr. Jenkins or your student's band director as soon as possible.
Field Crew and parent volunteers
- Call time is 5:30 PM for field crew. Uniform parent volunteers should try to arrive around 5 PM to assist with setting up the cafeteria.
6) Fall Band Spirit Wear Pickup (This Friday - Oct 21)
The few remaining Fall Band Spirit Wear Sale items will be available for pickup again at this Friday's home football game (last one of year) at the O'Plaine campus during the marching band performance.
7) Craft Fair Volunteers Still Needed (Reminder)
Our Craft Fair on Saturday, October 29th is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we need your help!
Here is the volunteer signup:
There are plenty of options for parents and students alike to help us and have fun doing it. Select a position and shift and add any comments/questions. There are a variety of shifts—you can even work a number of shifts doing something different each shift. If you have no preference, you can choose the “Whatever is Needed” role. Please use this form even if you are only able to bake goods to be sold at the Craft Fair.
There are some shifts that appear to be favorites and fill up quickly. All will be filled on a first come first serve basis, so if you want to volunteer for something with your friends, make sure you sign up sooner rather than later.
If you have any questions regarding the positions or the event itself, please contact Jane Haynes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Blue Devils!!
Band Announcements concerning weekly updates or upcoming band events.