Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Dec 7, 2015 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) December Band Concerts – IMPORTANT INFO!
- The Band Concerts are 7 PM this Wed/Thurs (Dec 9/10) in the O'Plaine Auditorium.
- Wed evening (Dec 9) - Concert Bands I and II O'Plaine (All O'Plaine Bands)
- Thurs evening (Dec 10) - Concert Band Almond, Symphonic Bands I and II (All Almond Bands)
- The Jazz Band Concert is 7 PM next Mon (Dec 14) in the Almond Black Box Theatre.
- Please contact Tracy Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can assist at the Jazz concert.
- We need more parent volunteers to help!
Note - Remember to bring your money/checkbooks to the band concerts this week so you are able to purchase items we are selling (including DVD's, movie tickets and/or Tastefully Simple raffle tickets)!
2) Winter Guard Panda Express Food Fundraiser [Announcement – Tomorrow (Wed. Dec 9)!]
Date: Wednesday December 9 (tomorrow!)
Time: 5 to 9 P
Location: Panda Express
7105 Grand Avenue
(Grand & Brookside)
Details: Visit this Panda Express location to order food and they will donate a portion of your check to the WTHS Winter Guard
Purpose: The money raised will help offset guard expenses.
You must bring this certificate (coupon flyer) and present it to your server.
Please come out for some food/drink before the band concert that night!
3) Next Band Booster Meeting (Change Announcement)
Date: Thursday (Feb 11)
Time: 7 - 8:30 P
Location: Almond Campus Band Room
Please Note - This is a change from the original date (had to be rescheduled due to a conflict with an upcoming Jazz Band concert)
4) Marching Band Show T-Shirt Sale (Announcement)
At the band concerts this week (Dec 9/10), we will be selling leftover marching band show T-Shirts for $5 each. Since they are leftovers, quantity and sizes may be limited. Checks should be made out to the Warren Band Boosters.
5) Florida Citrus Sale (Completed)
All the Citrus fruit was delivered and picked up last week. Thanks to everyone for picking up their fruit “on time” and for all the volunteer help with the distribution! I hope everyone enjoys the fresh fruit!
6) Pep Band Games (Reminder)
The pep band schedule is now posted in all band rooms. Band students are welcome to attend any or all games. Please attend another game if you cannot attend your band's assigned game. Any questions, please contact your director.
7) Annual Holiday Raffle (Final Reminder)
The deadline for turning in the tickets and payment was Monday. Winners will be drawn and announced at the Dec 9/10 concerts this week.
8) Marching Band DVD Pre-Orders (Reminder)
As we have done for years past, we are putting together a 2 DVD set, consisting of 1 DVD with videos of marching band performances throughout the latest season, along with a second DVD containing a good selection of photos taken by our photographers during these same events. The cost for this set is still $15. Checks should be made out to the Warren Band Boosters. Orders and payment can be given to the directors or the booster board members. These will also be for sale at the Dec 9/10 concerts. They will be available for pickup at the December concerts.
9) Winter Guard Movie Ticket Fundraiser (Reminder)
The Winter Guard is once again selling Marcus Theatre gift cards, gift certificates and discounted movie tickets.
In you are interested, contact a Winter Guard member ASAP (Checks should be made out to the Warren Band Boosters).
All orders and payment for this initial round are due in Dec 10, at the latest, so they can be delivered before Christmas.
Winter Guards members will also be on hand at the concerts this week (Dec 9/10) taking last-minute orders and payment.
10) Tastefully Simple Raffle (Reminder)
At the band concerts this week (Dec 9/10), we will also be raffling off 2 Tastefully Simple Product packages donated by Cynthia Cobb, a local consultant and Warren band supporter.
Each raffle ticket is $1 and winners will be announced during the Dec 10 concert.
The packages are as follows:
1 - Oblong platter, Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Mix, Mama Mia Marinara Sauce Mix (approximate retail value $56)
2 - Serving bowl, Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette, Blueberry Acai Vinaigrette (approximate retail value $57)
Go Blue Devils!
WTHS Band Boosters
Comments are closed.