Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of May 15, 2017 (Please make sure you read all items so nothing is missed):
1) Final Band Concerts/Awards (Reminder For Tonight – All Bands)
Date: May 16, 2017 (tonight), starting at 6:30 PM (all bands will perform on one night and end of year awards will be announced/presented)
Location: WTHS – O’Plaine AuditoriumLeftover marching band show T-Shirts and Marching band DVD's will be available for sale at this last band concert.
Parent Volunteers Needed!!!! – Our band students will be turning in their concert wear (tuxedos and dresses) after each band performs. As a result, many volunteers are needed to help collect and check them in. We also need volunteers that can bring some concert wear home to get them cleaned. Wealready have some volunteers, but if you still want to help (more volunteers means less work for all and the tasks will get done even faster), please contact Dawn Tsarpalas (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP (or see her tonight) if you can assist with any of the above.
2) Music in the Parks 2017 - VOLUNTEERS DESPERATELY NEEDED!! (Reminder for ALL)Dates: May 20, 2017 (This Saturday - Only 1 day this year)Times: 8 A - 3 PLocation: O'Plaine campusWe will host many school musical groups who perform prior to going to Great America. Music in the Parks is a significant fundraiser each year for our band program. Unlike most fundraisers, there is nothing to buy or sell, and we only need a few hours of your time. Choose one or more shifts and enjoy working with great people. along with meeting bands, orchestras and choirs from many different states.Volunteers (both students and parents) - Please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4baeae2ca0f85-music .No prior experience is necessary!Students/Parents - We really need your help!
3) Next Marching Band Camp Dates (Reminder)
Dates: July 31 until August 4, 2017
Times: 9 A - 5 P
Location: O'Plaine campus.
Registration is still open and we need as many students as possible in attendance!
Please sign up ASAP!
See the band camp packet (sent out previously) for more information.
4) Craft Fair (Reminder)
This is our biggest fundraiser of each year and brings in thousands of dollars for our program!
We still have many volunteer opportunities to help with the event, including coordinator(s).
The more people that come forward, the less work there will be to do for each person and job.
Please send an e-mail to the band booster website ASAP if you can help so we can continue to have this event and fully support the Warren Band Program.
5) Senior Day Party (Completed)
Last Friday (May 12), the band Senior Day party was held.
The parent volunteers got a chance to hang and talk with most of the band Seniors, while eating some cake & ice cream, along with drinking some soda.
Thanks to all the Seniors for their efforts and support of the band program over the years!
Since today is the last day of school attendance for our Seniors (assuming they are not taking any final exams), I would also like to wish all of them good luck in their future endeavors as they move past high school.
We hope that you will stop by and visit in the future.
Thanks also to the band parent volunteers who were able to participate in this event.
6) Senior Flowers (Reminder)
Each year, the band program/boosters gives out flowers to the Senior band students at the last band concerts of the school year (males get boutonnieres and females get corsages).
We still need a few more band parent volunteers to help distribute and attach the flowers to the students, as needed, at this band concert tonight (May 16).
If you are interested, please contact Mark Haynes thru this band booster e-mail address or stop by to see him at the concert tonight.
As with all weekly updates, please reply to this message or contact your student's director if you have any questions.
Go Blue Devils!!
WTHS Band Boosters
Comments are closed.