Greetings Warren Band Students and Parents,
Here are some updates and reminders for the week of Oct 3, 2016:
1) Cherrydale Farms Fundraiser Pickup (Completed)
Last Wed (Sept 28), these fundraiser items were available for pickup at the Almond campus from 3 to 6 P. After 6 P, the few leftover orders were then brought to the O'Plaine campus so these few students could pick them up and take them home after marching band practice. At the end of the night, all orders were picked up. Thanks to all the parent volunteers who distributed these items and coordinated this work, especially Tracy Young!
2) Halftime Performance at WTHS Homecoming Football Game (Completed)
Last Fri (Sept 30), our marching band performed during halftime at the home football game. Despite the rainy weather, the band performed a decent show! Thanks to all the parent volunteers who help make everything happen, especially those that had to dry out and clean the uniforms!
3) Homecoming Parade (Completed)
Last Sat (Oct 1), our marching band performed in the 100th Anniversary Homecoming Parade while once again dealing with rainy weather (though we lucked out and missed the heavier rain later in the day). Thanks again to all the parent volunteers, including those who assisted with the delivery of drinking water during the parade and those who had to dry out/clean uniforms yet another time!
4) Wednesday Night Band Practice (Tonight - Wed Oct 5)
Time: 6 to 9 PM
Location: WTHS O’Plaine campus
5) Student Food Allergy Information (Reminder)
- We are finalizing the food for our last marching band competition at the University of Illinois (Oct 15) and want to make sure we know about all student allergies. If you have not done so in the last week or so, parents need to post your student's allergy information to the following address (even if you think you gave it to us much earlier in the school year): http://www.wthsbands.org/emergcontactinfo.html.
Go Blue Devils!!
Comments are closed.